Saturday, March 8, 2008

What the hell...

So I have done this blogging stuff before and I never felt like I could be completely honest and that seemed to defeat the purpose for me, but I am bored and I need something to do.

Anyone who would be reading this already knows me so I am not going to do that whole typical first post bullshit describing myself and my interests.

Anyway, at the moment I'm on Spring Break. I have no travel plans, party plans, or plans in general. I'm in a city I don't want to be in, where almost every person I want to be around is in a different place. I'm back in my parents house which is not a bad place, just a place I've grown out of. I'm use to my own schedule and my own rules. Now that I'm back, I can't go by either of those. So, I end up spending as much of my time as I can sleeping or in my room which pisses off my parents, and the time that I am awake I'm pissed off because I don't want to be told how to spend my day.

I was trying to go back up to school early, but got a lecture about how its a waste of gas to make the trip twice. I have work I need to get done for school and no motivation to do it here. It is Spring Break, why the hell should I have work to do? Oh yeah, because I forgot to write it in my planner a month ago, it was due Friday, and I got an extension to this Friday. The work I have to do is a Literature Review for my Public Economics class. Its a class I found interesting the first week or so when I had to make my decision about honors classes, and I guess I still find the class interesting, just not my topic. Speaking of a topic, I'm not really 100% sure what mine is for this paper. It has been too long since I had time to focus on this particular project.

So I've got a lot on my plate coming up in the next couple of weeks I'll end up posting about. I'm waiting on news about a research grant, a study abroad experience, a bunch of stuff about the Professional Business Fraternity I am an officer in, news about an honors society I put an application in to join, and all kinds of other stuff. Who knows.

Oh, speaking of the fraternity, the pledge class is doing well. I'm the VPPE so I get to work closely with the group. I have two Littles this semester who are both doing amazingly. They are each head of one of the pledge committees so they are excelling in the whole process. I can not wait to finish up the pledge process with them and hand them their Brother pins. They are gonna make great Brothers!

Anyway, thats enough for the first post. Tomorrow will be an update on the GMAT practice I took. I just don't feel like typing it out tonight.

No comments: