Monday, March 10, 2008

Dragon Wars

So I downloaded Dragon Wars last night...

Now I'd like to preface this with I am not a severe critic when it comes to movies. I generally like most movies and will watch ones other people didn't like.

That being said, Dragon Wars sucked. It honestly was a chore to get through it. Now it didn't help that a good portion of the beginning was in Korean and the download I got had no subtitles. But on top of that, it was poor acting, a generally poor story, and even the graphics were cheesy. It honestly reminded me of some of the movies that are on Sci-Fi and are the specially made for TV movies. The acting is bad and the monster always looks bad.

Anyway, today I did very little. I drove over to the skating rink to look up the times just to get out of the house instead of looking them online.

More to come later tonight. I have to go cook dinner now.

*Continuation

So I went out with the guys from high school to see Jumper. Its about a kid who can teleport all over the place. It was a neat concept and an ability I'll be the first to admit I wished I had had as I was growing up and also when I have to walk from Erie Hall up to the apartments. Of course, once again they've taken a good concept and made it into a mediocre movie. The acting is just so-so even though Sam. L.J. is in it. He just doesn't add enough to make up for it.

Another movie related note, I am as we speak watching No Country For Old Men, and it is going really well so far. I enjoy it. It reminds me of Fight Club in the way that I thought it was going to be a lousy movie but I am pleasantly surprised as I am watching it.

Anyway, I guess that is it for the day. It wasn't particularly productive, I crushed some cans and fixed the family computer, but past that not a thing. Tomorrow I am hoping to get started on that Literary Review I've mentioned. I'm really just having trouble getting into it.

I guess we'll see.

No comments: