Thursday, March 13, 2008

A break in the days action

So I've finally got a little break in the action today to update.

I woke up at a little past 8 so that I could get ready and by 9 my sister and I were both ready so we got on the road. Dropped her off in Edinboro and came up to Erie. The Snow is crazy here! I had to dig out thigh deep drifts in front of our door. It took me a good ten minutes to clear a twenty foot path to get to the door! At home there is very little snow and whats left is quickly melting.

Anyway, by noon or so I was in the apartment. At one o'clock I walked over to the REDC to get started on the Literature Review. Its going pretty well I guess. I found two really good sources off of my first search on JSTOR and wrote them into my Lit. Review. Also, I have found some very good variables to use when I do my data search. My topic is, Is the deficit spending we are currently seeing in the United States actually making people worse off? Or is it just political hype? There is an economic theory called 'Crowd-Out' where the deep government spending causes inflation and interest rates to rise as the government borrows more and more money. The increases interest rates prevent private businesses from borrowing money and effectively 'harms' the private sector. With this tax rebate coming, I wanted to see if this effect is already happening because of the deficit spending. So far the research I've read has mixed opinions.

Around three o'clock I came back to my apartment for a break.

Now before I left for Erie a whole bunch of decorations got taken down off the walls in the apartment. So I spent a bit putting those back up and redecorating the place.

Since I've finished that I decided I'd order dinner and chill. Well I couldn't find our Papa John's sheet so I went online looking for a menu and address but their online site wouldn't take me to a menu or phone number until I put in my address. Again, this took forever because it wouldn't recognize the address here at school. I finally remember the road named and number changed first semester and put in what I could remember of the old address and that was enough. I've never ordered Pizza online before and it was kind of neat if not a pain in the butt. Anyway, now I'm waiting to see if my order actually gets here. The email confirmation says 30-40 minutes so we'll see.

Anyway, tonight after I eat I'm going back over to REDC for another hour or so I figure to finish up that Lit. Review. After that, just chilling out here I guess. I have some cleaning I can get done around the apartment and I have some updates to put up for the Fraternity pledge class I will take care of tonight.

**Wow that was actually quick. As I was typing that last paragraph the people from Papa Johns called saying they were leaving with my delivery! Looks like its Pizza tonight!**

Mmm, thats all that comes to mind. I didn't finish Dan In Real Life and it is on my laptop at home so I won't be watching that tonight. I brought my movies with me so maybe I'll just pick something from my binder, sit back, chill, and enjoy my little supplement of freedom before I drive back again tomorrow morning/afternoon.

**The paper is done, dinner was good, just gonna sit and chill tonight. I emailed it tonight so I don't have to be up early for anything tomorrow. I can take my sweet old time getting up and getting ready before heading back down the highway.

No comments: