Monday, April 21, 2008

So I guess its been...a month...yeah...

In that time a good bit has happened.

The search for a new place to live next year is continuing. Looked at a house the other day and did not like it as much as the first place we looked at. Turned in the credit check forms and I am hoping we hear back from the guy very soon because I want to have that set before I leave for summer. The place we are looking at now is nice because it is within walking distance if you don't mind a 20 min walk. Its separate rooms which will be nice because that is what I grew up with and what I am used to. I'm an annoying person generally and I'm sure my roommate would appreciate some space too.

Speaking of summer, the ball is now rolling on a place to live this summer. Just waiting to get the final OK to get started with that. Its gonna be tricky working this out with the lease and such but we'll see how that goes.

I'm booking my ticket for England on Wednesday evening. Over all it looks like with the scholarship it might only cost me 50 bucks for the ticket! I'm so excited to go.

The research paper continues. I hit a snag with some nasty correlation and having to lag my variables. Got instructions today about how to fix that up. The rough draft was due last Monday but even the teacher recommended I set up this meeting with another teacher to get this stuff explained. I guess tonight/Wed will be my day to get the first rough draft totally written and turned in.

Oh, since the last post I have turned 21. That was a great night. I remember it all and I did not get sick. My parents helped me out with a pickup truck so I'm driving new wheels since my last post too!

This past weekend was initiation for the fraternity. It went really well and we now have 10 new members for our chapter! I was the Vice President of Pledge Education so it was nice to see the pledges finish and become official brothers. It is sort of like a capstone to finish up the fraternity for this year for me.

Next weekend is the fraternity formal and I'm looking forward to that. Not sure what the plans are yet exactly but I have a friend coming up to go with me.

This coming Tuesday is going to be elections for the frat. I was nominated to be the president and also Vice Pres. Pledge Education again. I am not sure yet which I really want to run for. I have a basic speech outlined for president and I will probably just wing the VPPE speech.

Oh, also today I started putting up flyers advertising for this hauling business I'd like to start now that I have a truck. I don't have the exact prices worked out, but I'd really like to start putting some extra money in my pocket since the research position I have isn't really brimming with hours.

Speaking of research I was approved for my summer research and will be doing that. On Wednesday I am hoping to turn my summer research into my thesis paper to kill two birds with one stone.

Also this summer I signed up for an online class to do class 1 of 3 to get an SAP certificate.

So, yeah, been crazy busy lately but none of it is really new. They are just all ongoing projects that keep piling up. With any luck I'll have summer housing, next semester housing, study abroad, research paper, fraternity stuff, and job stuff worked out in the next week and it will be smooth sailing into finals week. But who am I kidding, nothing ever goes that smoothly.

No comments: